Love at First Sight...

Love at First Sight...
Lanvin Happy Mini Pop Bag

Saturday, August 15, 2009

sleepy saturday's....

omg ...
on Saturday mornings i look forward to sleeping in so i was asleep. in a deep sleep and next thing you know there's a knock on the door. and before i could open my eyes, in comes 4 housekeepers. i couldn't really see their faces, i was drunk with sleep. next thing you know, one of the many housekeepers comes to my bed and starts taking the sheets off of the bed. now you may ask. now how did you have time to actually get out of bed? funny you ask that, i didn't have time to get out of the bed. the house keeper starts taking the sheets off of the bed with me laying in them. yes she did! i was eventually put out of my bed. well, i think she asked me to get out of the bed. there was a language barrier and there was absolutely no conversation between us. as soon as my feet hits the floor, the 2nd housekeeper, starts moping the floor, the 3rd housekeeper was cleaning the bathroom and the 4th housekeeper was cleaning the entrance floor. i was literally backed into a corner. and like a thief in the knight they were gone in a matter of minutes!

ahhh....
back in bed i went. laid down and attempted to go back to bed. no such luck. so, i got up and grabbed my e lynn harris book and continued to read.

you know how i do or how i don't do....
of course, i got on my facebook and checked my emails.. but today i wasn't in the mood to paint my face and or flat iron my hair. no fuss today. just me. all of me without any extra fluff. grabbed a pair of shorts, a tank top, a cardigan and flip flops and that was that. i haven't been homesick since i have arrived to s Korea. i really don't like not having all of my stuff here. but it to be honest it feels good not feel the need to put on my fancy high heels or carry one of my many handbags. or put on one of my fancy dresses. here in s Korea. i have been almost the total opposite of my self. i wear flip flops and sneakers. i even went a whole week without washing my hair! i don't have my body sprays and smell good lotions. i don't have products that makes me feel good. i don't have my pimped out ride. i don't have my satellite. there is no rita pita here. no angel to drive me completely insane or to make me laugh. and no mom or aunt or bernard that i can just pick up the phone to call (without watching the clock and calculating the time difference)now, would i use all of my stuff and be excited to slip my feet into my heels? you betcha'. and am i having a good time and enjoying my stay anyway? you betcha'.

up and about vs up and around...
decided to grab lunch at that same cute little wifi place. even told emma i would meet here there. as soon as i get ready to get dressed and walk out of the door. emma comes over and tells me that my cute lil restaurant is closed today. i am devastated. what in the world was i going to do. this cute little cafe was the closest thing to the American food that i was just in the mood for. all i wanted was a simple meal. without kimchi. without the spices. all i want is regular spaghetti or even spaghetti-o's. all i want is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. or i could go for a rueben sandwich. or plain potato chips. or even chips and salsa. or a chicken cesar salad. or some plain' ole fried chicken. or a regular vegetable. just broccoli. plain broccoli. without the extra fluff. so, what did i end up having? actually josie made a gigantic cup of soup. yup Korean soup. of course from the GS25 and she suggested i try it before i actually bought my own. surprisingly it was pretty darn good. but it wasn't quite what i had in mind. blah blah blah.

the late great...
so, after i met up with josie and emma and chitchatted with them for a few. i headed to the gs25 got my soup and a snack. headed back to my room. heated up this soup. ate the soup and crawled into bed with "basketball jones." what in the world is "basketball jones?" of course, it is the last e lynn harris book and that i have been wanting to spend time reading. but haven't gotten the chance. how's the book? well, i have a biased opinion on the late great e lynn harris. he is my favorite author and i love every single book he has ever written. so of course. i will love this too.

next thing i know...
i wake up next to "basketball jones" and it is after 8pm. what! yes, i slept the entire day away. i wake up and its almost the next day??? wow. i must have really needed that nap. of course, when i get up what do i do. check my facebook and check my emails.

that will be it...
i am off to where else? gs25 of course for a snack and then to emma's to chit chat.

until next time...
smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment