Love at First Sight...

Love at First Sight...
Lanvin Happy Mini Pop Bag

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

what a day wednesday...

no different...
now, today was no different than any typical morning for me. i got up showered, flat ironed my hair, painted my face, put on my clothes and got ready to leave the house and i was going to have a longer day and longer evening as usual.

why longer?
well, today i was to meet with my coteacher and jestin and his co-teacher for dinner around 8pm. and also today is wednesday which means that it is volleyball day at my school.

and we all go tumbling down....
so i meet up with my co-teacher and we finalize the plan, which is to go next door to the volleyball tournament and then to head over to tom toms for coffee and then to decide on a location to have dinner or something along those lines. during the intermission of volleyball drinks (alcohol of course) and food is served. i drink and eat and drink and eat. i meet another foreigner and we begin chatting it up right away. after about an hour of chatting the foreigner (by the way her name is rachel and she is canadian) and i decide that we are going to scoot on out of the building and head back home. well atleast she was. now with that being said since i had already planned to have dinner later it was best for me to just stick around and hang out until it was time to go. needless to say i take a seat next to my co-teacher and continue to chat for a few and watch the 2nd round of the volleyball game. so, my co-teacher and i are chatting it up and i decide since it is 5pm and i have been done working since about 2:30pm, i am going to go ahead and head home and meet up with her at 8pm tonight at the coffee shop. i got up and told her i would phone her before i left home and that i would see her tonight. i get up walk out of the gym. say good bye and bow to everyone as i head out of the door. next thing you know the unthinkable happens. you are not going to believe this.

stop, drop but not quite a roll...
so, as i am walking out of the gym. some kind of a way, my heel gets caught in the mat on the ground and i am flying across the floor and i somehow land on my hands and my knees with my bag across the room. the entire gym says, "ohhhhhhhhhhh." i am thinking. are you serious. shayla, did you really just fall in front of the entire administrative staff? seriously? so i quickly get up, probably the fastest i have ever gotten up off the floor. i then wipe off my dusty knees and hands and i quickly grab my bag and hightail it out of the gym. and all along smiling and telling everyone, "it's okay i am good, thanks, but i am fine, no really i am, hurts a little i'll be okay, but thanks, no really!" i literally run out of the door, down the stairs and hail a cab. thank God the cab pulls up just as i hobble out the front of the gym. i was so disoriented. i couldn't remember if i was in the back of the school or in the front of the school and i couldn't remember if i was going home or coming to work. i was out of it for a good 5 seconds. i crawled into the back of the cab and told him where to go. i sat in the cab re-enacting the fall and shame that i just endured. wondering how many people actually saw me bust my ass. now when i fell. it wasn't graceful. it was one of the falls where you really cant say anything about it. it is one of those falls where you would just go up to the person with sorrow and pity and ask if there is anything you can do for them. it was a mess. a hot ass mess. and i fell in front of the entire staff. now, it could have been worse. Lord knows it could have been worse. but this was kinda bad.

home at last...
so once i arrive home. i crawled out of the cab and said a silent "ouch ouch" with every step to my apt building, onto the elevator and all the way up to the 7th floor. my knees were hurting pretty bad. i immediately called my co-teacher explaining to here that i didn't think it was going to be such a good idea for me to go to dinner today, considering i had damn near broken both ankles, back, neck and knees. she totally understood. and even lied and told me that she hadn't seen my fall. i think she said that to spare my humility and shame. i was thankful for that lie. so after that fall i came home, made popcorn (because junk food is about the only thing that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the insides) and then i propped up my legs. because i knew that if i didn't it may not be good the following day. and then i got on skype and chit chatted with one of my Boo's Miss CiCi. i told her everything that happened. she laughed of course and gave absolutely no support and or sympathy. which was okay. and then we shared our skype screen and watched the final episode of last seasons the hills. we were gearing up for the new season of the hills next tuesday.

in a nut shell...
so, inspite of the horror that happened at work today. my day wasn't too bad. it can always be worse and Lord knows i have had my fair share of embarrassing moments. so this was one of those things were i am sure no one will remember come monday morning. now tomorrow yes for sure they will remember and they will also remember this tragic fall on friday but come monday it will be old news. well, until the next volleyball game on wednesday.

had a bad day...
so i could say that i had a bad day. but to be honest there was nothing bad about it. yea i tripped and tragically fell across the gym in front of the entire staff. but hey, it could always be worse. atleast i have a job to fall in. and atleast i didn't break anything.

nothing else happened today, nothing too fun and nothing too exciting.

until next time....
smooches!


No comments:

Post a Comment