Love at First Sight...

Love at First Sight...
Lanvin Happy Mini Pop Bag

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

quick & to the point...

today...
alarm went off around 5:30 ish and i got up for the day. why did i get up so early? well, what i like to do is get up, get showered, paint on my face, flat iron my hair and put back on my pj's and check my emails, make my calls or whatever else may be needed. if i have the basics done and out of the way. i have more time to play around before i actually have to head out of the door. once i have checked my emails and or made my calls. i can then put on my clothes and my shoes and hit the front door. not literally but you know what i mean.

hitting the door...
so, today i had a full schedule.

what was the full schedule???
the schedule was several classes on how to live comfortably in s korea. things like opening a korean bank account, how to go about getting a cell phone in this country, how to interact with the people and so on and so forth. overall i would say each class was informative and really interesting. i actually enjoyed the classes.

what's for lunch...
so for lunch, i actually decided to head to the cafeteria. yes, the cafeteria that is up the hill, down the hill. up a steep flight of concrete rock covered steps with out a railing. down the hill up and nother hill and down another steep flight of steps.

did i passout from exhaustion???
actually, today, no i did not feel faint. i think the fancy flip flop i was wearing made that grueling task much easier. was i breathing so hard i felt the heat coming from my ears and was sweat pouring down my face, neck, back and legs. of course! was my hair plastered to my head and was i looking all kinds of crazy at the end of this hike? you betcha'!

i'll have that please...
so the food. the food. the food. well, let me just tell you what i had from the cafeteria. well first let me just say that the korean cafeteria style is so organized. they have a slot and crack for every utensil, cut and plate that you use. they even dispose of the food in such an organized manor. i was actually quite impressed. okay, so back to what i had for lunch. so, of course kimchi and some type of dilled yellow pickle was of course on the selection of food. did i get the kimchi and the some type of dilled yellow pickle? um no, i don't particularly care for either of them. but i will say that the first time i feel a sinus situation and or a stuffy nose. kimchi will be my fist choice. it beats nyquil and or theraflu. kimch is so super spicy it will knock the snot right outta' you! seriously. okay back to what i had. so i had two type of noodles. one being a regular noodle (similiar to the linguine) and the other looked noodles but infact was actually octopus. (of course i tried it), i then had white rice (because this is always a good choice), some type of chicken (kind of imagine the sweet and sour chicken with the stuff over it but not as juicy and vegetables mixed in it), i also had a pasta salad. now the pasta salad was not your average pasta salad. the pasta was mixed with lettuce. and it came with a selection of dressing you could put over it. i chose a strawberry/watermelon flavored dressing. yes, i did type strawberry/watermelon. very odd flavor. it wasn't bad, but not particularly good either. i bet you are wondering well how in the world was the octopus noodle thing. well, i had a bite and that was that! nuff said!

hitch-hiking would be appropiate.....
so, once i finished my lunch i then prepared myself for the hike back to my classes.

and we're done...
so, in between class i decided to go to g25 to grab an ice cream cone (you know one of those nutty buddy's or drumstick things except this one was cookies and cream instead of the traditional vanilla with chocolate top and peanut sprinkles). so i ate my icecream and realized i found two things i like in korea this ice cream cone and those noodles from yesterday. so i finished the icecream and headed to my next class.

belly full of worms...
so, i got into the classroom. sat down my bag and lord have mercy 3seconds later my stomach starts churning. and moving all around and i don't know what is going on. now today i was wearing a white pair of sailor front shorts and a white cardigan. and immediately started praying to the Heavens above that nothing would happen. my stomach was breakdancing and i had no control over it. i said jesus take the wheel again! lord have mercy please please please please please don't let me poop my pants. i couldn't move. i couldn't think and all of a sudden my waist band got so super tight. needless, to say as always, God came through and i was spared a humiliating moment.

until...
i walked into my room and was sick as a dog. my stomach is and was sooooo upset. i don't know if was the fancy chicken, the octopus noodles, the other fancy noodles, the fancy watermelon/strawberry salad dressing or that darn ice cream on a stick. but when i tell you my stomach is so upset i mean i is so upset. my stomach is so mad at me. and all i want to do is make amends with my belly. i have thrown in the towel, my gut has won this battle.

goodbye...
i am not putting anything else in my mouth tonight! therefore i am closing my eyes and going to bed. now, tomorrow is another story. will i try an animal and or species i have never had before and put myself back into this situation tomorrow? you betcha!!!!

smooches...

No comments:

Post a Comment