Love at First Sight...

Love at First Sight...
Lanvin Happy Mini Pop Bag

Friday, August 7, 2009

tgif...

heyyyyyyy...

6am
alarm went off, got up shut off the alarm. got showered, got dressed, painted my face, flat ironed my hair, put on my clothes, put on my shoes, got on the computer, made a few calls, checked my facebook, checked my gmail and walked out the front door.

so then...
classes were pretty good today. again, as usual i learned a lot and found each class to be really interesting and a lot of fun.

the munchies...
so, of couse i got hungry. today i did not have breakfast. i had a lot of phone calls to make and decided to take care of that and before i knew it i really didn't have enough time to stop and eat. so, the first break i got in between my classes i went to gs25 of course and got a triangle rice thingy (very similiar to sushi) and one of my new friends introduced rice cakes to me. now i know you are probably thinking of the very bland rice cakes we have in the states. this was very different to that type of rice cake. this rice was very sweet and somewhat gooey. it was more like a sweet treat. very good. it is now on my list of favorite things that i have tried since coming to s korea. would i get them again? certainly!

back to basics....
so, i noticed today, that the korean women that i have encountered are so humble, so friendly and they love to smile. it's like they are so extra extremely happy. so unlike american women. americans have such an attitude and such a negative disposition about themselves. so unlike asian women. americans could really learn a lot about the korean manners and customs. well, that is my opinion.

okay so then...
after class...a few of my new friends decided to go to dinner and have drinks. now anyone who knows me knows that i dont really drink thats not really my thing. but in korea drinking is such a big part of their tradition. and you know the saying "when in rome do as the romans."

higher learning...
so, i also noticed about the korean culture, as we were eating dinner. everyone shared the same meal. we ordered drinks and two meals. no one ate until all were seated and ready. no one drank until the other was served. when my glass became empty my new friend would refill my glass. the food was shared. there was no concerns about germs and or cooties. it was such a nice experience. so unlike american customs. i could really get use to this. there was no attitude in the air. you weren't made to fill as though you were walking on eggshells. everyone wanted each other to have a great time. and that is exactly what it was. it was nice and refreshing.

differences are sometimes much better...
so, while at dinner with my new friends i learned that i was by far the oldest. but in hindsight, age doesn't really matter. we still laughed about silly things. shared the same interests. was able to chit chat about the same topics and even shared different stories about our culture. in america, you only associate yourself around your peers. and someone older wouldn't necessarily hang out with someone younger and vice versa. just different. it's almost like a breath of fresh air.

drunk, stupid and happy...
so, yes i drank korean drinks and ate korean food and i loved it. did i get drunk curse everybody out and act a fool. nope. did i get drunk and cry at the table and use that as an excuse to act a fool. nope. did i get drunk and dance on the table and put dollar bills into my own g-string. nope, but maybe next time i will. tonight was fun and relaxing and just a simple good time. there were no worries about what you were wearing. who wore what. who said what. there was no competition. no one felt less than. no one felt left out. it was just a good time.

and we're done...
okay, so i have a really big day tomorrow! i am going to Seoul and i am so super excited about this. of course my camera is charging and i will be taking a lot of pictures and of course i will be posting them on my face book tomorrow and i will also be posting a blog about my day. also, stayed tuned for photos of us hanging out and drinking (my camera is charging so, i wont be able to upload those photos until tomorrow!

i am a little tipsy so if this blog made no sense, too bad!

smooches...

No comments:

Post a Comment