Love at First Sight...

Love at First Sight...
Lanvin Happy Mini Pop Bag

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

and so this is how it's gonna be...

Up and not quite ready to go…

So today I woke up so super early. I was not scheduled to be to work until 2 pm. But for some reason I was up at around 6:30 am. (perhaps it was the early sunrise in s korea).never the less, when I woke up I laid in bed for a few hours and read and caught up on my emails. And about a hour before I was scheduled to leave my apt, I then decided to quickly hop in the shower, paint my face, flat iron my hair and put on my clothes and prepared myself for my 2nd day at work.

Volley what???
So, naturally when I was advised to bring an extra set of clothes today (yesterday) for our weekly (every Wednesday staff volleyball game) I was like um okay…sure! I was actually thinking that the volleyball team would be really crappy considering I am in here in s korea, and they don’t play volley ball here right? Um, not so much. Needless to say, they kicked ass. The women were AMAZING. I was so terrible at the spot that my boss put kicked me out of the spot I was in (the spot everyone seemed to hit the ball to) and put me in the spot no one seemed to notice. But, I can toot my own horn and say that I really did a great job when it came to “spiking’ the ball. I was kicking ass and taking names! Our team won the score was 11 to 30. I was shocked and still amazed at the energy level and athletic ability of Korean men and women. They are so amazingly fit and active.

Now? Really?

So, once I actually got the hang of this volley ball game and was no longer screaming to the top of my lungs as the ball continuously came in my general direction. Before you know it, it was time to go. The cable company was on their way to my apartment and my coordinator and I had to go so that I could get my cable/internet and home phone hooked up. We arrived to my apartment and shortly after the cable people showed up too. It is very interesting to watch the Korean traditions from the natives. As soon as the cable guy arrived he said “anneyeasayo” and took off his shoes and began working. And worked hard and quick and was done in no time. There was no chit chat (unlike American folk) now, perhaps there would have been chit chat had I been able to fluently speak Korean. My phone, my internet and my cable was successfully installed. I finally have internet, cable and a phone. And yes, my cable does have American channels and yes the stations are in English…I am in the house. If all else fails I do have cable for the next year and that makes me very happy. Now why do I need cable in a foreign country and why am I not exploring the city? Um hello, I need my television and need to know whats going on. Whats in, whats out, whats hot and whats not. Of course I do plan on traveling why I am here. But I want to also watch the tube and be on my laptop and make my local calls from Monday thru Friday and I want to be happy and comfortable the entire year I am here….just saying…
Drinks, food, drinks and drinks and oh more drinks…
So, after I get my internet established. “cathy” and I head to the Korean bbq restaurant where the rest of the staff is located and we have a private room as we enjoy our table cooked food. I made the mistake of having one drink and accepting a beer from another employee and it was on from there. All of my superiors poured me drink after drink and each one really wanted to teach me Korean etiquette and the proper way to get drunk. Lets just say I learned alright, but I also had way too much to drink. About 7 or 8 co workers confessed their love and attraction to me. I was called, “beautiful” “pretty” “black diamond” “perfect face” “perfect eyes” and I even got slapped on the butt twice. This was explained to me that the slap on the butt is a term of endearment and that is just the way Korean people are. Now normally I would have just batted my eyelashes and say “gamsamhamnida” but considering everyone was inebriated, could I really take those compliments to heart. Were they genuine or was it the beer talking. You know everyone looks and becomes so much more attractive in person. So, I did what I do best, I said aw thank you and sat and waited for the next compliment. (cause that’s how I roll). Now was the guy who slapped my but mr lee? No it was not it was another guy. It is Korean tradition to see who can out drink the other (well atleast it appeared this way). And everyone drinks out of the same cup (meaning if there is a drink to be drank you do not wait for a clean cup or you do not search for your cup whomever is pouring your glass, tends to hand you their same glass and you drink out of it…) .

Enough already…

So after many many many drinks Mike and I decided to leave the get together. I did not realize I had had too much until it was time to go…ohhhh boyyyyyyy…..

Signing off and relaxing…

Until next time…
Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment